A really good way of starting the whole process is to name the task correctly.
“What do you mean, Sail?”
Well, when you write it down on a pad or in your favourite task manager, start it with a verb. For example:
- write blog post
- read the article
- post an article
- walk to the shops
Adding a verb takes the mystery out of what you actually have to do. It makes the task a solid action, rather than a vague not-sure-what-to-do-next statement. Try and avoid using ‘Contact’ at the beginning of a task though, as it can be too vague. Be more specific with: call, email, message, FaceTime, Zoom, Whatsapp, etc.
Go one step further than just using a verb and expand on the ‘what’ and you’ll be even more clearer on what needs to get done.
- write blog post about email hacks
- read the article about Notion Mastery
- post an article on the website about adding verbs to task names 🤔
- walk to the shop to get some self raising flour (if you can find it) to make CAKE
- Google where my nearest mill is.
Hope this is useful to you. What tips and tricks do you use to get things done?